Interested in joining our team? View current job openings below.
Central Office / IT Technician
This is a rare chance to take your career to the next level in one of today’s hottest tech industries – communications (voice, data, video).
Preston Telephone Company has been connecting our communities since ’06 – and that’s 1906! Your job is to keep our high-quality bar high, secure and reliable, as a critical member of a small, family-oriented telecommunications company in Eastern, Iowa. Ideally, we’re looking for:
• Expertise with digital switch technologies (Ribbon CS1500 “formerly Genband”), LAN/WAN, Calix, server maintenance, computer and operating systems proficiency, firewalls, Cisco, DHCP, data circuits, IP & SS7 networks, IP video and fiber optics, etc.
• Solid hands-on experience and good general knowledge of computer hardware/software for support of internal and external customers. This position involves provisioning, maintenance, and support of PC’s and peripheral equipment as well as troubleshooting a wide range of computing platforms.
• Someone who has a passion for technology and a knack for troubleshooting. • Relevant technical degree and Microsoft, Cisco and CompTIA certifications preferred.
• Acceptance of the requirement to share on-call responsibilities when necessary.
• “Can-do” attitude and desire to keep learning required.
In addition to full-time work, top pay, and professional training and development opportunities, we provide a benefits package that is among the best in the area. Our comprehensive benefits encourage our employees and their families to build a lifelong relationship with us. If you are interested in joining our team, please upload your resume in confidence to our HR partner at B Squared Consulting.
Preston Telephone Company
℅ B◼Squared Consulting, LLC
Assisting Telecom & Broadband Providers since 2002